Thomas & Thomas Contact 2 - NEW
NOW in stock!
NEW Contact II Series- MSRP €929
After nearly three years of design and development, T&T is excited to announce the release of the highly anticipated Contact II series. Contact II rods are a fully redesigned second generation of T&T’s Contact rod series.
Contact II blank construction utilizes five different types of premium quality carbon and fiberglass fibers, bound together by our proprietary aerospace resin system. Aligning these fibers at strategic angles as we roll Contact II blanks improves accuracy, sensitivity, and strength. Components have been carefully selected to maximize performance and comfort. Improved guide spacing moves a “Low Rider” style stripping guide to the butt section of each Contact II, which decreases line sag from the angler’s hand to the first guide.
Contact II Product Specifications
- Optimized guide spacing with lowered stripping guides to decrease line sag between the hand and first guide
- Increased backbone power to improve hook sets and assist landing larger fish
- Extra dense premium Flor grade cork grips increases feel and bite transmission
- Matte black downlocking hardware as standard with T&T’s trademark roll stamped logo and burled Black Ash spacer
- Black RECoil single foot snake guides
- Black hook keeper and winding check
- Black “Low Rider” style stripping guide keeps line tighter to blank for improved strike transmission and accuracy
- New low-profile rounded fighting butt for balance and comfort
- Stealthy brown and olive thread wraps.
- MSRP - €825
- Uplocking reel seat option available at an additional €25 charge
Aluminum Rod Tube - The Contact comes in a blue powder-coated aluminum rod tube that protects the rod during travel and transportation. These tubes are durable and include a T&T rod sock for increased fly rod protection.
Please note that these rods are new for 2020. At the moment stock is not available but we are taking pre-orders. Delivery time is at least 30 days.
T&T Lifetime Warranty - As of July 2019, T&T offers an original owner lifetime warranty against breakage due to defects in materials or workmanship. Rods must be registered with T&T within 30 days of purchase. The warranty does not cover lost sections or lost rods, normal wear and tear, neglect or intentional breakage. T&T will also repair rods for a €80 service fee provided they’re registered to the original owner.
Rod Action: Medium
Best for: All Water, Nymphs
Grip: Reversed Half Wells w/Fighting Butt
Ability Level: Intermediate - Expert