Elevation fly rods utilizes the very latest in material and pattern technology, as well as featuring several more environmentally friendly components, these rods are revolutionary. We have a clear goal to produce more sustainable products at Guideline and this rod series will show the way for future rod production. We have worked hard and into the details to do whatever is possible to make these rods the best choice for those anglers who care about the environment. The rod blank development process eliminates any unnecessary material in each section. It also gives us the possibility to monitor power in every part of the blank much more accurately than before.
ABOUT ELEVATION BROOK
Over the years we have got an increasing demand on shorter and lighter rods for small brooks and streams, and we are happy to present Elevation Brook fly rods! This series contains three different models where we have really listened to the feedback from our customers and developed probably the most perfect rods for brooks and smaller streams. Together with all the same eco features as all other Elevation rods, we have also made some small cosmetic design changes. Less metallic trim and a more greyish thread to give you the feeling of an even more “stealthy” rod when fishing. The rods have a wonderful “mid flex” rod action curve, which means that you will have a rod that quickly bends perfectly in the tip and mid section of the rod, ensuring that small casting movements in tight situations will work just as thought.
As the rod gradually bends wonderfully all the way down to the handle, it suits fishing with very thin leaders as it easily dampens sudden movements from the fish. The light and super crispy blank construction also has the properties for some great overhead casting and a surprisingly good distance! The 7´2” #3 rod is definitely the rod to have if your main fishing will be the smaller brooks and creeks.The 8´ #4 will of course cover these as well, but suits a little bit broader range of waters and is actually a great rod for lake fishing as well and will handle all types of fly line tapers. The Brook TLT rod is an all-round small stream rod with a fast progressive action with real power to cover a wide range of fishing applications. To really become perfectly equipped for the brook and small stream fishing scene, make sure to match these rods up with our brand new Brook WF fly line, which is design for and with these rods! Never before have we had a setup that perfect for fishing in small streams!
THE BROOK MODELS
Elevation Brook 7´2” #3 - 3 pc
The 7´2” #3 rod is definitely the rod to have if your main fishing will be the smallest brooks and creeks. Being only 7´2” you will find yourself to be able to cast even in super tricky situations and will present your fly at short to mid range beautifully. These super light and crispy rod will be a great tool for fishing in small streams, and is just pure fun.
Elevation Brook 8´0” #4 - 3 pc
The 8´ #4 suits a little bit broader range of waters and is actually a great rod for lake fishing as well and will handle all types of fly line tapers, even if considered being a small stream rod. The little bit of extra length and one line weight higher makes this rod a bit more allround for your smaller waters and streams as it has the capability to mend and control the line as well as getting some more distance.
Elevation 7’6” TLT #3/4/5
Guideline set out to produce a super versatile all-round small stream rod with a fast progressive action with real power to cover a wide range of fishing applications. A rod perfect for precise and delicate presentations in tight situations with limited casting room and the chance of big powerful fish. This rod produces laser sharp loops and can fire flies under the lowest overhanging trees with surgical precision. A practical rod that can handle a wide range of line weights WF or DT in line wights # 3/4/5 according to your specific fishing situation. Equally at home with a DT #3 casting small dry flies with precise and delicate presentations , to powering out a streamer with a WF #5 with limited back casting room. The Elevation 7’6”. #3/4/5 is destined to become a Go To rod for the small stream angler looking for rod to cover a multitude of applications and casting styles.
THE MORE ECO FRIENDLY DETAILS
- Matte, lightly buffed blanks with no added coloration which gives them a dark graphite grey apperance. Any possible, excessive carbon waste particles are collected in separate tank before water is passed on to community cleaning facility. The blanks have a soft spiral pattern and thin, matte coating.
- Half wells grips of 3A cork without rubber cork reinforcements.
- Metal parts of reel seats are “clear anodized” which is the least toxic process possible when using aluminium reel seats. We use no chrome (lead) or paint in the anodizing bath.
- For the coatings on blank, guides and the mounting glue for grips and reel seat, we use a bio-based low-toxic Epoxy, tested and approved with extremely low levels of regulated chemicals. This also adds to a better working atmosphere in the assembly phase of production, reducing health hazardous odours to a minimum.
- Rods are mounted with light wire single leg guides and KW style stripper guides. We use a gun smoke powder coat finish on a stainless frame. Best sustainable choice, still hard and with no chrome plating, which contains lead.
- Rod bag and rod tube cover are made of recycled REPREVE™ polyester. This is the leading, most trusted, branded performance fibres made from recycled materials (including plastic bottles).
- The rod tubes are made of recycable Polypropylene (PP), they are lighter and have 20% lower diameters than standard PVC tubes. This will save space and money when rods are transported both from the factory and by the user. PP is both reusable and recyclable for producing new goods.
- All rods are 3-piece.