NT11 fly rods are the result of taking advantage of the very latest and most sophisticated State of Art graphite materials used in the aerospace industry today. When applied to and used in fly rods, some remarkable benefits are achieved. The most evident effect being an amazing recovery speed and crispness in the blanks, created by combining the incredible armoring and strength increasing effects of T1100G graphite with layers of the highest modulus graphite we’ve ever used in any fly rods to date. For you as an angler, the above properties are built into a series of rods that have the lowest blank weight, yet the highest break strain of any other rod in our line up and probably also on the entire fly rod market.
ABOUT NT 11 SWITCH
The NT11 Switch is the latest series of rods for the NT11 Migratory & Anadromous range. You will find three different models to choose from to cover any given situation or river you want to fish. These types of switch rods are more commonly used as dedicated short double-hand rods to handle larger fish in mid-size to larger rivers. The rods have a very 'easy-to-cast' type of action with a deep-flexing curve that is very similar to the NT11 double-hand rods. Like all of our NT11 rods, the NT11 Switch is made with the highest modulus carbon fiber we have ever used, together with the extremely durable and strong T1100 carbon fiber. Regardless of whether you want a lighter and short spey rod or a short 'power stick,' the NT11 Switch rod range has you covered! And with the rods being 6pc, it's extremely 'travel-friendly' if you like to chase chrome somewhere else in the world.
THE DIFFERENT MODELS
11'6" #6/7 // This is the perfect rod for situations from smaller to larger rivers, capable of handling all types of lines and sizes of fish. It's an ideal rod for large migratory trout, steelhead, and, of course, salmon in small and mid-sized rivers. It can also be used as a big single-handed rod.
11'6" #7/8 // This is probably the most popular and versatile rod in the range, powerful enough to cover big water and large fish, yet smooth and light enough to navigate smaller rivers while chasing migratory trout. The #7/8 is a perfect choice if your home waters are approximately 20-35 meters wide with big fish or heavy water. These types of rivers, with long swings, deep wading, and various obstacles during casting, require a proper tool. The NT11 #7/8 rod is just that—short, powerful, yet with a delicate feel of the rod and line.
11'6" #8/9 // The 'big gun' in the NT11 Switch range, designed to cope with tough waters, heavy lines, and big fish while still being a suitable rod in tight conditions and mid-sized rivers, whether it's salmon or huchen. Despite its significant power, you will still experience a very nice and light feeling when casting and fishing with it.
DETAILS - NT11 SWITCH
- T1100 CAP Technology gives uncompromised strength, performance and reliability.
- Every rod is fitted with beautiful FLOR-grade cork and on rear grips s you’ll find powder cork reinforcement. It is the top grade of cork with the highest density and strength that will stand years of usage and remain pretty.
- Titanium lightweight framed stripping guides. Highest quality stainless steel single leg running guides with titanium coating.
- The reel seats are custom designed by our own R&D team, having a hard anodized and very scratch resistant semi-matte finish.
- The blanks have a matte satin finish with deep carbon grey coating that gives the rods a stealthy, classy and non-flashy look.
- All guides are wrapped with dark grey thread and on all ferrules, stripper guides and logo areas they are finished with subtle blue trim wraps.
- Each rod is delivered with a light and strong rod bag made from 4-ways stretch nylon and rod tubes are made from light polycarbonate with a strong polyester fabric cover and a natural leather logo patch.
- The NT11 fly rods comes with a 25-year original owner warranty. This warranty covers faults in material and/or workmanship.
C.A.P T1100 TECHNOLOGY
NT11 rods use an ultra-elastic 46T Low Resin Material which makes it possible to create feather-light blanks with a crisp feeling that greatly improves sensitivity. Layers of T1100 graphite with extremely high tensile- and compression strength are then added both on the inside and outside of the 46T material, creating an incredibly strong wall and foundation for unmatched performance, durability and reliability in the blanks. Together with this, we use a carbon-scrim material with a proprietary CAP (Complex Axial Pattern) with 0, 45, 90 and -45 degrees, Cross Construction structure. This produces a lightning-fast recovery speed, increases the casting distance and improves the compression strength. High-strength TORAYCA NANOALLOY®-resin reinforced graphite improves the toughness and increases durability in the rods.