Scientific Anglers Mastery ART Fly Line
Ultra fine presentations with dry flies, wet flies or nymphs – isn't that what we all think about first about the art of fly fishing? Scientific Anglers has developed their new ART exactly for these situations! Together with Fly Fish Europe (FFE) their designed an all new taper that suits both beginners and more advanced fly fishermen. It can be described as a true all round fly line with a tendency to delicate presentations. Yet it is possible to throw streamers from time to time because it is a half class heavier. This weight also helps to load modern rods at short distance and effectively fish small rivers. The mid-length head adds up to the all round performance and a long front taper with camouflage tip presents your flies as supple as possible – essential for skittish fish in slow moving water!
Compared to SA's MPX taper, the ART series is less weight forwarded and designed for more supple presentations. If you are casting lots of heavier nymphs and streamers we would rather grab the MPX as your to-go all round line. If you're focused on dry flies and lighter nymph fishing, the ART is your choice.
Mastery: This extra supple and slick coating technology is Scientific Anglers’s most established one for years. You’ll find a Mastery line for every condition and every species around. It’s surface comes without any embossed structure like for example the Sharkwave series and therefore is much smoother. So if you’re searching for a silent fly line that feels softer than any other SA fly line, these lines are your way to go.
- All round taper for fine presentations
- Built a half-size heavy to load rods easier and turn over long leaders
- Excellent with dry flies, nymphs, and lightweight streamers
- Floating texture on tip for improve floating and easy pickup
- Advanced Shooting Technology (AST) for farther casts, high floating and cleaner fly line
- Braided multifilament core
- SA ID – SA MS ART WF X F (X = line weight)
- Colours: bamboo / dark olive / camouflage tip
- Total length: 27,5 m